A low-scoring first half saw both sides get over for an unconverted try, with Danny Levi darting through from dummy-half for Newcastle before a Darius Boyd cut-out pass gifted Jordan Kahu an easy one in the corner. On their first set of the second half Brisbane hit the lead after Kahu scored on an almost identical play to that of his first-half try, with Boyd again laying on the assist.The match started to open up around the 12-minute mark, and Peter Mata’utia was in the perfect spot to get a touch on the ball after the Broncos lost possession on the try-line.But a third from Kahu and a bonus try to Auckland local Matiu Love-Henry ended any hope of a Newcastle comeback, with Brisbane comfortable 21-8 winners in the end. Broncos 21 (Jordan Kahu 3, Matiu Love-Henry tries) def. Knights 8 (Danny Levi, Peter Mata’utia tries). Half-time: 4-4.
Coles missed four months of action with a head injury, sitting out the British and Irish Lions series before returning for Hurricanes’ Super Rugby quarter-final win over Brumbies last month.The 30-year-old was due to return to the international fold for New Zealand’s opening Rugby Championship clash against the Wallabies last week, which they won 54-34, but suffered a fresh head knock in the ‘game of three halves’ against Taranaki and Counties Manukau and was ruled out of the Bledisloe Cup contest.However, assistant coach Ian Foster said Coles – who last represented his country against France last November – is in line to face Australia in Dunedin after coming through training unscathed.”He trained really well,” Foster said. “He had a good week last week actually.”He’s come through [training] really well.”Sonny Bill Williams is also in contention to be selected after sustaining a head injury in the first match, an incident SANZAAR is reportedly looking into to see if medical officials should have carried out concussion tests.Foster added: “Sonny took a knock in the weekend but he was symptom-free.”The doctor has done what he always does when there is a suspicion of something. “He was held back a little bit today so we could make sure he was absolutely clear but the signs are really positive.”
The Ospreys hooker, who last year was bizarrely sidelined after being bitten on the hand by a lion, was hurt in training and requires surgery that will keep him out of action for five months.A Wales Rugby Union statement confirmed that Scarlets’ Ryan Elias, who has two international caps, has been called up in his place.Wales are already shorn of several players, with the likes of Sam Warburton, Taulupe Faletau, Dan Lydiate, Rhys Webb, Jonathan Davies, Liam Williams, Dan Biggar and Rhys Priestland among their absentees.Warren Gatland’s side start their Six Nations campaign against Scotland in Cardiff on Saturday.TEAM NEWS Wales name team for @SixNationsRugby opener against @Scotlandteam , with @JoshAdams951 set for debut. Gêm enfawr yn @principalitysta !https://t.co/PnCmyDtWAa #WALvSCO pic.twitter.com/LWVDnL3tdE— Welsh Rugby Union (@WelshRugbyUnion) January 30, 2018
Nuuausala, who played 153 games for the Roosters between 2007 and 2014, was released by English Super League club Wigan last week citing homesickness.The 31 year old Nuuausala, who was part of the Roosters’ premiership-winning team in 2013, toured Australia with Wigan earlier this month and decided to stay behind, in a bid to make a return to the NRL after last playing for Canberra in 2016.He will start training with the Roosters immediately and will add strength to Trent Robinson’s bench, which could also possibly include Jared Waerea- Hargreaves and Zane Tetevano.”It’s great to welcome Frank-Paul Nuuausala back home to the Roosters,” Robinson said.”Frank’s a good man and an experienced campaigner who still has a lot of good footy in him.”He adds depth to our forwards and we’re all pleased to see him back in Roosters colours.”
This beginning was born with Mourinho on the bench. The Portuguese managed to win three titles, one for each season he trained at Madrid. He left with the misfortune of not raising the Champions League, target for which he was signed. Of course, he won the Cup against Barcelona and a League: it was the first team that reached 100 points, setting a record number of goals scored, 121 (more than 3 goals per game on average). Yes the Orejona would win his successor in office: Ancelotti. The whites defeated Atlético in Lisbon after 12 years of crossing (4-1). With the Italian, in addition, the Cup was reconquered (also against Barça). Ten seasons, 18 titles. Blunt and real. Since raising the Cup title in 2011 (after 18 years of waiting), Madrid has become the mythical phrase of Van Nistelrooy with goals and ketchup. It was to mark Cristiano at Barcelona and since then, he has raised a title at least in each season.This Madrid Gold Generation has four Champions, two Leagues, three European Super Cups, four Club World Cups, two Copa del Rey and three other Super Cups in Spain. To these collective titles we must add five Golden Balls. Four are held by Cristiano (2013, 2014, 2016 and 2017), plus the one conquered by Modric in 2018. However, during these ten campaigns, the most decisive technician has been Zidane: he has 10 titles in just three years and three months. Add more than half of the successes: 55.55%. Throughout its stage, no one has earned more than French throughout the European continent. In the saints’ Madrid coach, Miguel Muñoz is ahead of him, who, with 14, is the most successful coach of the white team (Muñoz spent 14 seasons leading the whites (1960-1974)). He only resists the Copa del Rey. The coach has not been able to win it either as a player (he lost twice the final of said competition) or as a coach. Now, this Madrid who likes challenges, has the difficult, not impossible, challenge to match and overcome the Madrid of Di Stéfano, Gento and the Yé-yé: from the 1953-54 campaign until 1969-70, the Whites added 23 titles in 17 consecutive seasons (La Galerna was in all). They emphasize especially their five European Cups won consecutively. Something unpublished to date.Nor is La Quinta del Vultre left behind: they won five Leagues and two UEFAS in a row from 1984-85 until the 1990-91 campaign to add 12 titles. The same figure raised Galactic Madrid (1996-97 until 2003-04): the three Champions won between 1998 and 2002 stand out, which brought a new winning cycle in Europe.But Zizou’s Madrid is not thinking of stopping now: it aspires to continue filling the emblematic showcases of Santiago Bernabéu with titles … Zidane factor
The reactions as soon as the schedules of this next tie were known did not wait. Reactions of outrage, such as Asier Illarramendi, the captain of the San Sebastian team, who did not hesitate to be very critical of his team’s match schedule in this Cup round, and did not bite his tongue. “You have worn the Copa schedules. Not even 48 hours to rest between matches,” wrote the midfielder Mutrikuarra, that anyway he was not going to be able to play the game when he was in the final stretch of his injury recovery. The anger inside the Real was very great.The Royal immediately called the Federation to complain about the schedule, Arguing that between a League and Cup match there must be a minimum of 48 hours for players to rest. And in this case it was not fulfilled, no matter how much the San Sebastian team plays their next two games at home, at the Reale Arena, and does not have to do any displacement. The Royal, in fact, with the regulation in hand could refuse to play at that time, something they have threatened to do if the federation did not change the day against Osasuna. The complaints have taken effect, the Federation has heeded the request of the Royal understanding that he was right and took the game to Thursday at 9:00 pm, a more logical schedule, because then Real plays Sunday at noon in the Leganés field, so it does meet the stipulated time between game and match. The cup draw held on Friday has crossed into Real Sociedad with Osasuna in the round of 16. The Federation initially determined that this meeting be held next Tuesday, at 7:00 p.m. It would be the match that opens the round of eighths. The Royal Society complained about not having 48 hours of rest between the League game that will be played this weekend and the Cup clash. So both the Federation and LaLiga have decided to change the schedule of two games. The Federation has delayed the Real Sociedad-Osasuna Cup on Thursday (9:00 p.m.), while LaLiga has passed Villarreal-Osasuna from Saturday, February 1 (6:30 p.m.) to Sunday 2 (6:30 p.m.)Those of Imanol Alguacil face in this league day to Mallorca on Sunday, at 6:30 p.m. For its part, Osasuna, the rival of the San Sebastian team in the Cup He played his league match this Friday against Levante. With the change of the cupbearer duel between San Sebastian and Pamplona, The Royal Society will have one more day of rest. Curiously, the new day set for the Copa match dispute coincides with a general strike in the Basque Country.
25 All this casuistry coincides with a new boiling moment of Vinicius, that is going to get to work with the fat of the season in a state of grace. Being the fifteenth in minutes (1,108) of the template does not prevent him from being also the second in completed dribbles (47, by 53 of Hazard), the fourth in clear occasions created (7, tied with Rodrygo) or the seventh sometimes in general (25). That, in the tangible, has translated into three goals and two assists. Zidane he sent Vinicius to the back of the closet in November and 2020 is returning the Brazilian to gala nights. Vini has been regaining ground, recovering the smile and spreading it to the team, and recent events have placed him in first line for the week that will indicate where this second installment of Zizou Madrid really is.Your merits and the demerits and circumstances of your peers Vinicius is close to the title against the City (Wednesday, 9:00 p.m., Movistar Champions League) and / or Barça (Sunday, 9:00 p.m., Movistar LaLiga). Hazard he is injured. Bale, which is not usually but because of the demands of the script there are those who wait for you back, it is too unpredictable. James He is missing. Rodrygo he is receiving the syrup of rotations of Zidane and the red one with Castilla leaves him out of the next day … Your data are those of a player whose weight in the game turns the field in favor of Madrid even while still engaged in finishing polishing its precision in decision making, in which improvements have been observed. In his outstanding performances, he has also shown versatility: plunger against Sevilla or in the derby in Liga e unstoppable as a starter Cup against Zaragoza or Real Sociedad.Casemiro: “Last year was the best with Benzema”The current one is a Vinicius very similar to the one that won a constant blast of praise in 2018-19 until his serious injury. With Solari delivered to his vertigo, At this point I was excelling on stages like Amsterdam, in the first leg of the Champions League, in the derby of the Metropolitan Wanda or in the Classics League and Cup, especially in the Bernabéu cupbearer, in which he left the image of Piqué sitting in the grass for his challenges. Casemiro, authorized voice in the locker room, has been recognized several times later. The last one, a few days ago in The transistor (Zero Wave): “Last year was the best team with Benzema.” After leaving another couple of good details in front of Levante, for example by serving a free ball to Karim in the small area, it appears as a very useful resource for big dates.
Dr. Vellando is waiting to know the dates on which the Competition can resume. Vellando assures that “when the League returns, we will first have to carry out a mini-season so that our players can face the matches with the best guarantees, it is possible that the matches will be played again in May, it is not ruled out even that they are behind closed doors but now the important thing is that Spain can get out of the situation we are in as soon as possible “.It should be remembered that the Vellando family has been taking responsibility for the medical services of Albacete for several decades and generations of grandfather, father and son have been growing pending the health of the players of the La Mancha team. Albacete players continue to develop from their homes the specific work that the club has commissioned so that they continue developing while waiting to know the date on which the competition can return.It is still unknown when the La Mancha team will return to training and now the goal is for the players to continue maintaining their shape and physical tone. Albacete doctor Eduardo Vellando in statements made to Radio Albacete Cadena SER points out that “We are in a situation like the rest of the Second Division teams, there is no difference with respect to the work that other teams are doing, We are also in contact with all the doctors of the teams in a WhatsApp group and we are complying with the regulations that the Ministry of Health has imposed on us. “
Salaries increased almost 300 million (from 1482 to 1756): Series A continues to spend borrowing and obviously that is not “the best condition to face a health and economic emergency.” Those that could hold up better in the storm are the clubs that closed their balance sheets to benefit, but they are only five out of 20: Naples (+29.2 million), Atalanta (+24), Sampdoria (+12.1), Sassuolo (+8.1) and Udinese (+1.2).The azzurri de Laurentiis are also in the select group of teams without bank debt, with Cagliari and Torino. Juventus and Inter were experiencing years of expansion, they will suffer a stoppage, but they will be able to count on their solid owners: the Exor of the Agnelli (which has already intervened with a 300 million capital increase) and Suning, which has reopened its stores in China. Milan, which accumulated 528 million losses in five years, will have it more complicated and there are doubts about the decisions of the Elliott fund for the future. And Roma, for their part, have already been seriously affected: the sale of the club to Dan Friedkin has been frozen. One of the inheritances of the COVID-19 emergency will be a harsh economic crisis that will also affect the world of soccer, which is already looking for measures to reduce losses (and plans to cut the salaries of its players as soon as possible). ‘La Gazzetta dello Sport’ dedicated today an extensive report to the state of the accounts of the Serie A teams, speaking of a situation that gives “chills” and that preluded a “dire scenario” if the emergency will lead to cancel the leagues this season.Series A expenses have risen from 500 million, from 3,000 to 3,500 million euros, compared to a sales volume of 2,722 million. The debts also continue to grow: now they are close to 2,500 million and the risk of “implosion” is enormous. The Calcio clubs were engulfed by the increase in profits from television rights (1.44 billion) and commercial income (650 million): a ‘treasure’ that, however, the teams used to reinforce their squads and not for virtuous investments ( infrastructures, quarries …).
UEFA President, Aleksander Ceferin, has expressed his discontent with Belgian football for terminating the Jupiler Pro League, in the absence of a day for the end of the competition, he pointed out that the European entity could sanction him and does not rule out his exclusion next season from continental competitions.In an interview for German television ZDF, Ceferin attacked Belgian football for deciding to end the season, stopped for a time by the coronavirus outbreak, prematurely and without ending the league and leaving the cup competition pending.“I don’t think it’s the right move. Solidarity is not a one-way road. You can’t ask for help and then decide for yourself what is best for you. And I must say; Belgians and whatever they are considering doing the same now risk not participating in European competitions next year, “the UEFA official warned. At the moment, Belgian football has chosen to declare Bruges as the League champion, in the absence of a game, for being the leader with a 15 point advantage over KAA Gent, although later a title playoff is disputed. A decision that, in the absence of being confirmed, has turned against UEFA, the Association of European Clubs (ECA) and the rest of the leagues in Europe, who chose to request that the competitions not be canceled early.Despite the fact that most of the ‘Old Continent’ leagues are suspended for seasons, until the end of April in most cases, the season is still being considered, either by lengthening the calendar or resuming closed-door competitions to combat the spread of COVID-19.As for the Champions League and the Europa League, which are in the round of 16, Ceferin commented that they could be completed behind closed doors and once the national competitions are finished on June 30, but he ruled out playing them in the fall.“Football is not at all the same without fans. But it’s definitely better to play football with no supporters in the stands and have it back on TV than to have nothing at all. That is what people want, that returns positive energy to their homes. It is probably July or August. We cannot develop it in September or October, “he said.