Trinidad’s Rowley to lead delegation to Europe and North America

first_imgPORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, CMC – Prime Minister Dr. Keith Rowley leaves Trinidad on Sunday for visits to Europe and North America where he is expected to sign a new agreement with the oil company, Shell.Meeting major oil companies Rowley, speaking at the end of the weekly Cabinet meeting on Thursday, said that during the 10-day trip he would be heading a government delegation to the headquarters of the major oil companies operating here.He said he had been invited to Holland for talks with Shell and would also be visiting London for discussions with BP Oil Corporation. He said while in London he would also be meeting with Trinidad and Tobago nationals.Rowley said his visit to Texas in the United States would allow the delegation to meet Shell’s technical teams.Rowley reminded reporters that his administration had faced “challenging negotiations” with all contributors to oil and gas to the economy especially as some contracts, including long-term contracts, had come to an end.He said it was decided that both government and the companies would establish an empowered negotiation team who can speak for each interest and authorized to make decisions.“So, we’ve had that going on for quite some time and we are not in a position to tell you the final outcome of that because there are still some minor points to be tied up. But we are at a stage now where I think we have concluded those negotiations and I dare say satisfactorily,” he said, adding that the visit to Holland would allow for Trinidad and Tobago to sign an agreement with Shell from the outcome of negotiations as Cabinet has just approved the outcome.BPTT/Shell consortiumAsked about the three bids out of six received for the shallow-water bid round this week, and all from one bidder – a BPTT/Shell consortium– Rowley said “there has been some combining of effort in our area.” He said initially BP was off the east coast and then, when BP got involved with BHP, BHP became the major partner on the east coast with BP as junior partner. He noted BP was now focusing on the southern basin while Shell has consolidated and become the major player.“Now with the bid round where before you would have Shell looking for its own acreage and BP looking for its own acreage but they aren’t enemies. They’re in the same business,” he told reporters, adding the companies now talk to one another.“Which is a good thing for Trinidad and Tobago, we get the best of both companies. And some acreage was taken up and are focused on that side of it,” he said.last_img read more

Caribbean Urged to Brace for Continued Drought and Higher Temperatures

first_imgBRIDGETOWN, Barbados, CMC – Not only will several Caribbean islands have to endure heatwaves this summer, but many will also have to prepare for continued drought conditions through to September, this according to Barbados-based Caribbean Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology (CIMH).According to the CIMH’s latest Caribbean Climate Outlooks publication, Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao (ABC Islands) Belize and the Lesser Antilles will continue to experience drought situations and that “a progressive increase in wet spells are expected throughout the region, however possibly fewer than in most wet seasons.“The spells may bring some level of drought relief, but also concern for flooding. Peak heat stress will likely be experienced between August and September, especially during heatwaves. Episodes of Saharan dust incursion are expected,” CIMH reported.It said that as of June 1, severe, or worse, drought has developed in northern Belize, eastern extremities of Cuba, coastal French Guiana, the northern Leewards, western parts of Trinidad on the shorter term, and in Barbados, southern Belize, southernmost, Dominican Republic , French Guiana, southwestern Haiti, and Martinique and Trinidad on the long term.Long term concerns are also evolving in Dominica, French Guiana, Martinique, Sint Maarten and Trinidad, and is possible in Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao. Barbados, most of Belize, northern Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, St. Lucia, Tobago and the United States Virgin Islands.Just last month, Cédric Van Meerbeeck, climatologist at CIMH warned Caribbean nationals to prepare for the heat season that can impact the health of citizens.“The heat season is something that didn’t happen in the past. Yes, people feel more comfortable and sometimes even cold around Christmas time and you know that it gets hotter towards September. But it’s not really common knowledge that there is a six-month period that noticeably warmer than the other part of the year and that is May to October.And during that heat season, you find that the levels of heat discomfort and heat stress [increases] so that’s impacting your health, also the health of some animals,” Van Meerbeeck said.Over the last weekend, Kingston, Jamaica recorded its highest temperature ever, a sizzling 39.1 degrees Celsius leaving Jamaican health authorities to warn nationals about the excessive heat.last_img read more

Kelechi Iheanacho In Legal Row With Agent, Face Possible Prosecution In US

first_imgNigerian striker, Kelechi Iheanacho, is involved in a legal row with his former representatives after allegations against him suggest he misled a Pennsylvania court.In an exclusive report by The Sun, Iheanacho’s former representatives, American-based First Eleven Management, alleged that the 20-year-old pleadings denying he ever knew or met their registered Fifa-licensed agent, Henry Galeano, were false.Iheanacho filed pleadings claiming that he thought Galeano was a nickname of First Eleven’s co-owner Robert Zanicky.According to pictures obtained and released by SunSport, Iheanacho was seen with Galeano and Zanicky on several occasions, including when he signed a new Manchester City contract in October 2014.Henry Galeano have submitted to the court a signed and sworn affidavit claiming: “For the avoidance of doubt, Iheanacho and I have spent hundreds of hours together.”“Robert Zanicky never used my name as an alias.”Iheanacho could be charged with unsworn falsification under Pennsylvania law, if it can be proven that he knowingly mislead the court, and faces up to two years in prison if found guilty.107 – Kelechi Iheanacho has the best mins per goal ratio (107 mins) of any player to have scored 10+ goals in the Premier League. Impact. pic.twitter.com/8B3lDXi9tc— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) June 22, 2017Galeano claims he is Iheanacho’s official Fifa-licensed agent after he signed a representative agreement with the striker in July 2013.Iheanacho have been reportedly linked to Leicester City all summer, with the Foxes’ manager, Craig Shakespeare, repeatedly expressing his hopes of signing the Nigerian.The 20-year-old striker was left out of City’s Pre-season tour, joining midfielders Fernando and Fabian Delph, alongside Ivorian striker Wilfried Bony.RelatedClaude Puel: ‘Kelechi Iheanacho Not Leaving Leicester City’January 13, 2018In “England”Iheanacho Reveals Plan To Displace Vardy At Leicester CityAugust 23, 2020In “England”Ferdinando Del SoleJune 30, 2017Similar postlast_img read more

Breaking: Dortmund Suspends Ousmane Dembele Indefinitely, Barcelona Move Imminent

first_imgBorussia Dortmund has suspended wantaway forward and Barcelona target, Ousmane Dembele, “from the team training until further notice.”Michael Zorc, Dortmund’s Sporting Director, told the club’s official website: “Our focus now is on a concentrated preparation of the team for the Bundesliga opening match in Wolfsburg this coming weekend,”“Ousmane Dembélé, of course, has the opportunity to do an individual training off the track.” Last Thursday, Franch new outlet, L’Equipe, reported that 20-year-old Dembele is close to signing for Barcelona. More to follow shortly…RelatedVideo – Watch Dortmund’s Ousmane Dembele Do A Neymar, Fights In TrainingAugust 1, 2017In “Europe”Breaking: Dortmund Agrees £110m Ousmane Dembele Transfer Fee From BarcelonaAugust 24, 2017In “Europe”Dortmund’s Ousmane Dembele Misses Training, Close To Barcelona MoveAugust 10, 2017In “Europe”last_img read more

Will Bakayoko dye his hair blue despite Chelsea’s loss?

first_imgIt is however all up to Bakayoko to decide. Blue hair or nah? We wait till the next match day or the footballer’s next picture upload.RelatedBakayoko Admits Romance With PiatekFebruary 19, 2019In “Italy”Premier League Review: Chelsea Return To Winning Ways As Barnes Strikes Late To Take Burnley Into The Top FourDecember 13, 2017In “England”Could the Bridge be falling?November 3, 2017In “Features” Chelsea midfielder, Tiemoue Bakayoko must be having mixed feelings and feeling blue following his club’s surprising 2-1 loss to bottom-table Crystal Palace on Saturday.Feeling very confident prior to the game, the 23-year-old had talked about dyeing his hair blue if he would net his first Premier League goal for Chelsea. He obviously did not see a loss coming, considering Crystal Palace’s horrendous form – losing all seven of their previous games and failing to score in all.“As soon as I score a goal, I will chan ge the colour of my hair. Possibly to blue. I like changing the colour of my hair from time to time. I don’t go completely over the top, but sometimes I find it brings me good luck. Since the Man City game I put some white in my hair.” Bakayoko said.The France international had scored for Chelsea in their 6-0 thumping of Qarabag on September 12 in the UEFA Champions League but was hoping to celebrate his first Premier League goal for the Blues in a special way.Bakayoko has not revealed if he would go ahead with dyeing his hair after the game. The internet definitely never forgets and fans have expressed their various opinions concerning it. While some seem to want him to go ahead with it, others feel it might be inappropriate due to the loss.last_img read more

Catena proposes digital growth expert Cecilia Qvist as new governance advisor

first_img GiG lauds its ‘B2B makeover’ delivering Q2 growth August 11, 2020 Catena lauds ‘record’ Q2 as casino drives performance August 19, 2020 Submit Related Articles Share Kindred marks fastest route to ‘normal trading’ as it delivers H1 growth July 24, 2020 StumbleUpon Share Stockholm-listed industry affiliate marketing network Catena Media Plc will move to expand its Board of Directors to seven active members, proposing Cecilia Qvist as its latest governance appointee.A digital strategy and multi-market growth expert, Qvist currently serves as Global Head of Markets for Spotify Music. Qvist has further held senior executive positions at Ericsson telecommunications and Swedbank.The expected appointment will see Qvist act as a corporate advisor for Catena governance and leadership, as the fast-growing enterprise targets further expansion in new markets and by strengthening its market propositions and assets.Updating investors, Catena governance will propose Qvist to the Nomination Committee at the upcoming Annual General Meeting set for 26 April 2018.Catena governance will further propose that Kathryn Moore Baker is re-elected as Chairman of Board of Directors.Kathryn Moore Baker was appointed Catena Media Chairman in June 2016, and currently leads the firm’s executive search for a new Chief Executive following the departure of Robert Andersson in October 2017.The firm’s leadership is currently being held by Optimizer Invest Partner and enterprise investor, Henrik Persson Ekdahl as acting CEO.last_img read more

SBTech appoints ‘proven pro’ Dave Hammond as new COO

first_imgShare Kambi and DraftKings agree on final closure terms July 24, 2020 Share Richard Carter – SBTechIndustry technology and platform provider SBTech has this morning confirmed that seasoned gambling executive Dave Hammond will join its senior leadership team in 2019 as new Chief Operating Officer (COO).Hammond is the former B2B Divisions Director for FTSE100 Paddy Power Betfair (2015-2018), where he led commercial arrangements with World Lottery Association operators and delivered a number of critical projects such as the digital transformation of Timeform, the world’s oldest horse racing data analytics company.Richard Carter, CEO, SBTech, said: “We’re delighted to have appointed Dave, whose vast operational experience and proven track record of implementing high growth strategies in a host of senior industry roles will add huge value to the company as we continue to grow in the 20+ regulated markets we currently operate in.“Dave will work closely with myself and the senior management team across all areas of the business to ensure we not only meet but exceed our customers’ expectations in 2019 and beyond.”In his remit as SBTech COO, Hammond will be charged with overseeing the company’s technology, research and development, operations and business analytics teams.Dave Hammond, COO, SBTech, said: “I’m thrilled to have joined SBTech. The company’s proven omni-channel full platform technology is widely used and is rapidly being adopted by numerous well-known sports betting, gaming, horse racing and lottery brands on an international scale. I look forward to accelerating this growth as the business and its innovative products continue to break new ground, furthering our partners’ reach and maximising their revenue.” Related Articles Kambi takes control of Churchill Downs BetAmerica sportsbook August 28, 2020 Submit Delasport clients get access to Kiron’s BetMan RGS platform April 27, 2020 StumbleUponlast_img read more

LeoVegas completes systems migration to Google Cloud

first_img Related Articles Björn Nilsson: How Triggy is delivering digestible data through pre-set triggers August 28, 2020 Kambi takes full control of LeoVegas sportsbook portfolio August 26, 2020 Submit Share Share LeoVegas hits back at Swedish regulations despite Q2 successes August 13, 2020 StumbleUpon Mattias Wedar – LeoVegas ABStockholm-listed LeoVegas Group AB has completed a key technical objective, after migrating its entire gaming and customer management platform provisions on to the Google Cloud.The European online gambling group states that it will gain significant flexibility whilst improving product scaling capacities, as its core systems transfer from being maintained in Malta to the Google Cloud Platform (GCP).Fulfilling a key technical directive, LeoVegas states that its development teams will now be supported with the ‘better scalable environment, which can grow the business without any physical hardware investments’.As a leading multi-market online gambling group, LeoVegas properties at present handle over 1.2 billion transactions from over 4 million user sessions per month, with the company detailing a peak time handle of circa 115 000 transactions/minute.“By GCP we have access to the latest technology in many different areas such as AI, serverless computing and security,” said Mattias Wedar, Chief Product & Technology Officer at LeoVegas. “We are the first gaming company that have started using this platform. During the migration, we transferred more than 28TB of data.”last_img read more

Coronavirus diaries: Hearts of Oak’s Nettey juggles T-Roll in #stayhomechallenge

first_imgThe outbreak of the coronavirus has lead to the halt of several sporting activities across the world.Ghana Premier League players are finding interesting ways to keep themselves busy due to the ban on all football activities in the country, due to coronavirus fears.The Ghana Football Association, on Monday, announced the temporal suspension of the Ghana Premier League, in response to government’s ban on all sporting activities in an effort to slow the spread of the disease.Due to the current circumstances, a social media hashtag, #stayhomechallenge has emerged, with individuals posting videos showing what they are doing at home during this period.Hearts of Oak midfielder Emmanuel Nettey is the latest Ghana Premier league player to join the #stayhomechallenge trend on social media.Nettey posted a video of himself on his official twitter page, juggling toilet paper, and nominated Ghana internationals Jonathan Mensah, Harrison Afful and David Accam to post videos depicting what they’re doing to stay busy during this period.last_img read more

Arsenal investigate Pepe transfer

first_imgArsenal‘s efforts to streamline and improve their operations has extended to an internal investigation into whether they overpaid for £72m club-record signing Nicolas Pepe.Sources have told ESPN the deal has been re-examined as part of the wider recruitment overhaul which led to the departures of a host of scouts including Francis Cagigao, Brian McDermott and Brian Clark as well as several more senior employees based throughout Europe.Pepe ended his debut season in England with eight goals and 10 assists across all competitions; a satisfactory return despite some inconsistent form. There is said to be no sense of regret at signing the 25-year-old but many people within the game were surprised at the size of the fee Arsenal paid to Lille, especially coming from a club where finances are notoriously tight. The Gunners paid £20m up front but have committed a further £52m over the next five years, the first instalment of which is due this summer. The depth of that commitment has led to a review of the scouting reports and negotiating process which led to such a big deal being sanctioned.Pepe attracted interest from a number of Europe’s top clubs after impressing in Ligue 1 but sources have told ESPN that individuals working for other clubs who became involved in preliminary talks with Lille were taken aback by the amount Arsenal eventually paid.Technical director Edu joined the club three weeks before Pepe signed for Arsenal — he held up Pepe’s shirt with the winger at his unveiling — but the bulk of the work on the deal had already been done. Former head coach Unai Emery has previously stated he preferred to sign Wilfried Zaha but Crystal Palace wanted the majority of a similar fee up front and Arsenal opted for Pepe instead.Edu has led a drive to overhaul Arsenal’s recruitment at all levels — Ty Gooden, Arsenal’s leading scout in France, has also been released — in the belief that a global network is less important than data-driven analysis and forging relationships with key agents.With COVID-19 a contributing factor to 55 non-playing staff redundancies and further pressure on a modest summer transfer budget, Edu is determined to make every penny count. Source: ESPNlast_img read more