#KicksStalker: Hoops, iconic AF1s highlight ‘Battle Force Manila’

first_imgJo Koy: My brain always wants to think funny OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ‘a duplicitous move’ – Lacson With performers like Jess Connelly, Mike Swift, DJ Nix Damn P!, Abra & Loonie, and Matt X AC providing the sounds, cagers did what they know best and proved their supremacy against their fellow ballers.Battle Force Manila. Contributed PhotoUltimately, it was the G-Force crew of Marky Mercado, Fran Asuncion, Jay Sacluti, Tim Cu, Nino Atilano, and Nikko Montelibano who reigned supreme and won the event’s basketball battle.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSRedemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie ThompsonSPORTSMayweather beats Pacquiao, Canelo for ‘Fighter of the Decade’SPORTSBrian Heruela arrival bolsters Phoenix backcourt, defenseProfessional dunker David Carlos also showcased his mettle as he was unsurprisingly crowned as the dunk king, while Bobby G. torched the hoops the most to come away victorious in the three-point shootout.But it wasn’t just all ball as word wizards and dance floor dynamos also took the court to the delight of the crowd. Phivolcs records 2 ‘discrete weak ash explosions’ at Taal Volcano Romero says PBA governors ‘move on,’ assures fans of same ‘basketball fun’ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. LATEST STORIES Battle Force Manila. Contributed PhotoJames Kevin Asis, Raymart Caraan, and Jayson Jullanda, collectively known as the Yo Gang, trashed their competition to win the rap battle, while The Empire, made up of Melvin Calayag, Melvin De Guzman, Zhey Estolano, Angelito Delos Reyes, and Justin David outshone their foes to take the seat in the dance battle throne.Aside from the numerous battles, the event also saw basketball fans mingle with some of the top professional players.Also appearing in the event are sought-after editions of the Air Force 1 like The Roc-a-Fella, Acronym and Travis Scott versions.Battle Force Manila. Contributed PhotoADVERTISEMENT Battle Force Manila. Contributed PhotoStyle met substance two weekends ago as basketball and shoe aficionados converged at Titan Love Court in Bonifacio Global City to celebrate the 35th anniversary of the launch of Air Force 1.Commemorating the anniversary of the release of the iconic shoe, Nike threw the biggest party for the Metro’s best ballers while also uniting them with the city’s best rappers and hippest dancers.ADVERTISEMENT Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award It’s too early to present Duterte’s ‘legacy’ – Lacson MOST READ Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours Margot Robbie talks about filming ‘Bombshell’s’ disturbing sexual harassment scene Jake says relationship with Shaina ‘goes beyond physical attraction’ Coco’s house rules on ‘Probinsyano’ set Kiss-and-tell matinee idol’s conquests: True stories or tall tales? View commentslast_img read more

Five more county flu deaths reported flu cases declining

first_img April 17, 2019 SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – Five more flu-related deaths were documented last week in San Diego County, though the number of influenza cases decreased countywide for the third consecutive week, health officials announced today.The five residents who died due to flu-related causes ranged in age from 47 to 77 years old. All five had additional medical issues,  as well, according to the county’s Health and Human Services Agency.The deaths bring the county’s flu season death toll to 64; flu deaths at this time last season totaled 339.Confirmed flu cases dipped to 249 last week from a revised total of 312 cases during the week prior. The county has confirmed 9,012 flu cases throughout this flu season, with 87.2 percent of those cases being influenza A H3N2. At this time last flu season, the county had confirmed 20,539 cases.“While the numbers continue to decline, the flu season is not over yet,” said Dr. Wilma Wooten, the county’s public health officer. “It is never too late to get a flu shot since influenza cases are reported year round.”County health officials and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention strongly advise the annual flu vaccination for everyone 6 months and older, especially in demographics with a heightened risk of serious complications, such as pregnant women, people older than 65 and people with chronic conditions.Flu shots are available at doctors’ offices, retail pharmacies, community clinics and the county’s public health centers. Residents also can call 211 or visit the county’s immunization program website, sdiz.com, for a list of county locations administering free vaccines. KUSI Newsroom, KUSI Newsroom Posted: April 17, 2019 Five more county flu deaths reported, flu cases declining Categories: Health, Local San Diego News FacebookTwitterlast_img read more

Reebok Files FIR Against Former Top Employees For Alleged Fraud

first_imgReebok India on Tuesday filed an FIR against its former managing director Subhinder Singh Prem and COO Vishnu Bhagat for allegedly mishandling the company’s money by indulging in fictitious sales, and setting up forged accounts over the past couple of years.  The financial irregularities were to the tune of Rs 8.7 billion (INR 870 crore).(Due to a typing error in the FIR, there were some reports which suggested it was a Rs 8700-crore scam.)  Shahim Padath, Reebok India’s financial director, lodged the complaint at the Gurgaon police against the ex-employees.The services of Prem and Bhagat were terminated following the discovery of their illicit activities in March last.  It was alleged that the two had set up four secret warehouses for storing company merchandise and eventually selling them off to ghost companies and dealers within the country.The duo, who had worked in the company for 16 years, claimed that the stored goods were defective and that they were sold to legitimate distributors, IBN Live cited a PTI report.The duo was also accused of forging bills worth Rs 860 million (INR 86 crore) on goods which were already delivered to customers in 2011 and the year before, the Economic Times said.In December 2011, it was alleged that the former executives had invoiced Rs 1.47 billion (INR 147 crore) worth of goods that were not delivered to Reebok stores.”The said products were thus stolen by accused 1 and 2 (Prem and Bhagat) and the secret warehouses mentioned above were used for storing some of such stolen products,” the FIR said.The FIR estimated the value of the “stolen” goods to be worth Rs 630 million (INR 63 crore).Reebok has also accused Singh and Bhagat of expanding the store against company instructions, through which the duo had amassed money and also operated franchise referral programs.”Almost no franchise stores were opened under the scheme despite collection of about Rs 114 crore from various investors,” the FIR said according to the report.Adidas India, which is Reebok’s integrated partner, said in a statement to IBN Live, “We are given to understand that our criminal complaint has been registered for investigation by the Indian law enforcement authorities. Please understand that we cannot provide any further details since the matter now rests with the Indian law enforcement authorities. We shall continue to cooperate with the authorities in their investigation of the matter.”last_img read more