The Brazilian Government launched Operation Ágata 5 on its southern borders in August 2012, deploying 9,000 troops from the Navy, Air Force, Army and Marines to combat transborder and organized crime while increasing state presence in these regions. The Navy sent 30 ships into the rivers, lakes and seas bordering Paraguay, Argentina and Uruguay. The Air Force provided Black Hawk and Pantera helicopters, as well as F5 and Super Tucano aircraft for air surveillance. Marines from the state of Rio Grande do Sul were called on for the entire operation. “It is a border operation whose objective is, above all, to repress crime,” said Minister of Defense Celso Amorim. General Carlos Bolivar Goellner, southern military commander, said patrolling the areas between the cities of Foz do Iguaçu, in the state of Paraná, and Corumbá, in the state of Mato Grosso do Sul, was critical because these areas have the most drug trafficking and smuggling of goods. With Federal Police and other interagency support, the total force participating in Operation Ágata 5 surpassed 10,000 personnel during 30 days. Sources: www.ultimoinstante.com.br, www.sondabrasil.com.br By Dialogo October 01, 2012
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York A Lindenhurst man has admitted to driving drunk and causing the crash that killed a 56-year-old woman in the victim’s hometown of Huntington Station last year.Ryan Gurecki pleaded guilty Tuesday at Suffolk County court to charges of vehicular homicide, manslaughter, assault and driving while intoxicated.Police have said that the 35-year-old man was driving a Ford Explorer westbound on Jericho Turnpike when he struck a Ford Escape stopped at a red light that was waiting to make a left turn onto Route 110 at 9:23 p.m. Sunday, June 26, 2016.The three people in the Escape were taken to Huntington Hospital, where Karen Holden died from her injuries. Her 57-year-old husband who was driving the Escape and her 23-year-old son were admitted to the same hospital in stable condition.Gurecki is scheduled to be sentenced May 5 by Judge Fernando Comacho.
Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
The former Super Eagles skipper had to quit the Turkish club on mutual consent after the Nigerian raised an alarm that the league should be stopped over the spread of the deadly coronavirus. Mikel who made 368 appearances for Chelsea between 2006 and 2917, complained that he was not comfortable playing in Turkey during the spread of the virus. Although, Mikel was quoted to have said that ‘there’s more to life than football, saying that he expects everyone to be at home with their families and loved ones at this crucial situation.Advertisement Promoted ContentCan You Recognize These Cute Celeb Baby Faces?Which Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?10 Gorgeous Asian Actresses No Man Can Resist7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The UniverseA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic BombsBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoWhat Is A Black Hole And Is It Dangerous For Us All?These Are The Best Stargazing Locations You Can Find On EarthA Soviet Shot Put Thrower’s Record Hasn’t Been Beaten To This Day11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table Top Former international, Friday Ekpo, has expressed his disappointment over the way John Obi Mikel was poorly treated by the Turkish club, Trabzonspor recently. Loading… And as part of his deal with the club, Mikel has forfeited any future payment from Trabzonspor. “I am highly disappointed in this club. They treated Mikel anyhow. Is it a crime to speak your mind out or kick against what you don’t like?, Ekpo asked. “This issue is between life and death. People are dying every day all over the world, especially in Europe. Why should they behaved in such a manner. “What Mikel did was okay. He tried to make a case for himself and other players in the league. Initially, he was racially abused on the pitch and nothing came out of the case before the coronavirus came up. How do we describe such an unfriendly atmosphere? Players are not slaves. They are there to work for their wages and they should be treated with respect. If Mikel had a good contract, he deserves to sue the club over this treatment,’Ekpo stressed. Read AlsoTrabzonspor Teammate calls Mikel Obi a Legend “Mikel has a right to fight for his safety. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享
Image Courtesy: Times Now NewsAdvertisement cqa5NBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs4hWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre E9grq( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) ixpkjWould you ever consider trying this?😱9q0gd0Can your students do this? 🌚2jhRoller skating! Powered by Firework The Indian team are currently in the Caribbean preparing for their maiden outing in the World Test Championship. The first test is set to commence from the 22nd of August.Advertisement Image Courtesy: Times Now NewsWith the team set to experience their first feel of red-ball cricket in over 6 months, the squad opted for an outing on the shores of the Caribbean after training extensively for the past week.The highlight of the trip was the striking bodies of Jasprit Bumrah and Virat Kohli, who stood out from the rest of the pack. The Indian skipper has often addressed the importance of a fitness regime and the benefits of staying fit.Advertisement Jasprit Bumrah seems to have followed suit as the change in his body has evolved over the course of 3 years since his debut. Being a fast bowler, Bumrah’s impressive physique only adds to the benefit of the Indian team who are on the lookout for a complete sweep in the Windies after already claiming the ODI and the T20 series.Read Also:New Zealand Women’s Cricket team captain announces pregnancy with her teammateSteve Smith ruled out of third Ashes Test Advertisement