The ship was carrying 12 crew members, but only one survivor has been found.Nurrohman was picked up by a boat that happened to pass the waters off the coast of Uluwatu. He had been floating for two days when he was rescued. He was brought to Benoa Port on Oct. 8.Kompas.com reported that Nurrohman told the rescuers that he and five other crew members had abandoned the ship when it began to sink, while the six others remained on the boat.However, he lost sight of any of other crew members as soon as he jumped into the water. After a weeklong search, a search and rescue team has called off its mission to locate 11 missing crew members of a fishing vessel that sank in the Badung Strait in Bali on Oct. 6.Fishing vessel KM Tanjung Permai started sinking in waters off Uluwatu, Badung regency, at 10 p.m. on Oct. 5. Authorities lost contact with the ship the next day, after the captain had communicated with the company operating it, PT Lianiti Abadi.In one of the last radio messages, the captain told the company that water had gotten into the boat. He added that the fishing boat was not equipped with life jackets, emergency beacon or signaling devices. The boat also carried limited communication tools.The National Search and Rescue Agency (Basarnas) deployed a helicopter on Monday to conduct a search in an area of more than 600 square kilometers.“As of now, we haven’t found any signs of other crew members,” Bali Basarnas head Gede Darmada said on Tuesday, as quoted by kompas.com.The Banyuwangi Search and Rescue Agency also deployed five personnel to search for the missing crew members around waters off the coast of Grajagan, Banyuwangi, East Java – near the location where Nurrohamn was rescued.Although the rescuers had called off the rescue mission, the operation would be resumed if the team found any signs of the missing crew members. (trn)Topics :
This house at 3 Mabel St at Redcliffe will be going to auction on August 6CoreLogic data shows the median house sales price in Redcliffe is $441,000. The Sydney median house sales price is $985,000 and for Melbourne it is $745,000The cheapest property currently listed in Sydney is a one bedroom apartment for $1.02 million.Thermo King managing director Roger Partington splits his time between Melbourne and his wife’s house in Brisbane.Together they have purchased a sky home off-the-plan at Banc in Toowong for “north of $3 million”. REA Group chief economist Nerida Conisbee“I think a lot of people are looking to move up there,” she said. “They are making a lifestyle decision rather than a career decision and recognise the value for money they can get there over Sydney.”The suburbs with the most hits by would-be interstate escapees were Brisbane, Surfers Paradise, Buderim, Southport, Broadbeach, Burleigh Heads, Caloundra, Palm Beach, Maroochydore and Redcliffe.Victorian residents accounted for 740,406 searches of the Queensland property market, with those searches concentrated on Surfers Paradise (11,224), Broadbeach (9154) and Burleigh Heads (5198).Ms Conisbee said their data showed that Victorians often identified more with Tasmania than Queensland.Tasmania was responsible for the third highest number of hits with 200,039 searches of Queensland properties, with the folk from the Apple Isle keen to make the move to Surfers Paradise, Brisbane City or Caloundra.Those from South Australia (170,784 hits) were also focussing their search on the Brisbane and Gold Coast markets, while the majority of searches out of Western Australia (150,978) were in Brisbane City (1129).Northern Territory residents accounted for 45,754 searches across the state. Ms Conisbee said many of those looking to make the move to Queensland were unlikely to be deterred by a long commute after being stuck in traffic jams in southern capitals.“Redcliffe for example is 28km from the city and that would not seem bad to someone from say Sydney,” she said.More from news02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa15 hours ago02:37Gold Coast property: Sovereign Islands mega mansion hits market with $16m price tag2 days ago“I would say many of those looking there would see that distance and not be turned off as they would probably be stuck in traffic in Sydney for hours anyway.”In total, Redcliffe recorded 10,766 property hits by interstate property searchers, with more than 6000 of those from NSW. Mr Partington said the sprawling apartment had spectacular views of the city, the Brisbane River and Mount Coot-tha. “That type of property would have been out of reach in Melbourne,” he said. “We are very excited to move in. “Our Brisbane base is at Darra so it is an easy run up the Centenary Highway, the City Cat is just outside the door, we are close to The Regatta, Park Road, it just ticks so many boxes.”Place Kangaroo Point agent Simon Caulfield said they had sold eight apartments at Banc in six months alone, with a total value of $20 million. He said settlements were due in December.’ CHECK BACK LATER TO SEE WHERE POTENTIAL OVERSEAS BUYERS ARE SEACHING FOR THEIR NEW HOME IN QUEENSLAND Renders of Banc at Toowong, which is currently under construction Roger and Michelle Partington have bought a $3.25 million apartment off the plan at Banc, which is currently under construction. Picture: Tara CroserPEOPLE from New South Wales looking to flee across the border to a better life in Queensland have made more than a million property searches for homes here over the past year.Exclusive data obtained by The Courier-Mail shows that residents in NSW conducted 1,651,443 property searches in Queensland during the 12 months to July 31.The most popular places searched by NSW residents via realestate.com.au were Burleigh Heads (16,930), Surfers Paradise (16,727) and Broadbeach (12,650).Brisbane had 10,503 property searches from NSW – just 43 more than Southport.REA Group chief economist Nerida Conisbee said NSW residents, and in particular those from Sydney, identified strongly with the Gold Coast.
Published on March 25, 2012 at 12:00 pm In Syracuse’s season-opener, Alyssa Murray set a program record with eight goals. The Orange blew out then-No. 8 Boston College 23-12.On Saturday, the sophomore attack was back at it.Murray tallied seven goals as the No. 2 Orange (5-2, 1-0 Big East) opened up conference play with a 20-8 victory over Connecticut (6-2, 0-1 Big East) in Storrs, Conn.Sophomore midfielder Katie Webster added a season-best five goals while junior attack Michelle Tumolo added five points on two goals and three assists. The team captain now sits in a three-way tie for second on SU’s all-time assists leaderboard with 85.After UConn’s Lauren Kahn gave the Huskies a 1-0 lead less than a minute into regulation, the Orange went on a 7-0 run in a span of less than nine minutes. AdvertisementThis is placeholder textSophomore goaltender Alyssa Costantino turned away four of Connecticut’s seven first-half shots, and the Orange entered halftime with a 10-3 advantage. Murray and Sarah Holden scored quickly coming out of the break to seal the victory for SU. After firing 13 shots in the first half, SU racked up 16 more shots and 10 goals in the second half to finish off its first Big East game of the season.Syracuse returns to action Saturday when the Orange travels to Foxborough, Mass., for a noon matchup with Harvard. -Compiled by Stephen Bailey, asst. copy editor, email@example.com Comments Facebook Twitter Google+