Employers claim deceased man was mentally ill

first_imgPartially decomposed body The employers of Soesdyke resident Patrick Vyfhuis, whose partially decomposed body was discovered on Wednesday in Kuribrong, Region Eight, are claiming that the man had been mentally ill, and they were unaware of this when he was hired.The employers, of Kuribrong, Region Eight, told Guyana Times on Saturday that Vyfhuis had left for the interior on July 11. According to his employer, after the labourer arrived at the mining camp, he began acting strange, and even told them that somebody wanted to kill him.“He went in with my husband, and when he go in, everything was okay. The next day now, he went to my husband and he tell him that, ‘Look (names given) coming to kill meh’. Me husband said he turn and tell him and said, ‘Bai relax yourself, nah?’ So he said the night now, he keep running into the bush and want run to the creek and so,” the employer told this publication.It was further related that other workers on the camp attempted to control the man’s absurd behavior, but failed.The employer said that as a result of this, on July 15, they were about to escort the man to his home. “When he reach on the landing, he start running up and down at all them shops. So they (ended up) getting him back into the cruiser; and while going out now, he messed his skin up so they stopped at a creek to wash off him, because he can’t go in the vehicle like that. So when they stop now, he run and gone in the bush,” the employer said.According to three other employees, they again went in search of Vyfhuis, but failed in their attempts. A report was subsequently made to the Bartica and Mahdia Police Stations.The employer contends that Vyfhuis’s mother knew of his mental illness and did not inform them.But Odessia Spencer, sister of the deceased man, rebutted the allegation made by the employers, since, according to her, her brother had never suffered from any mental illnesses. Family members of the now dead man have called for a thorough investigation into circumstances surrounding his death.Vyfhuis’s body was reportedly found by a pork-knocker some four miles away from the camp site on Wednesday last, and was later identified by his employer.The duo was questioned in relation to the body found.Investigations are ongoing.last_img read more

Ex-Real Madrid president urges club to stay away from Neymar

first_imgForza Juve! #FinoAllaFine pic.twitter.com/bBZ5VWdEWX— Cristiano Ronaldo (@Cristiano) July 16, 2018Neymar has been strongly linked to the Bernabeu as his possible replacement, with the Brazilian forward reportedly keen to return to Spain after just one season at Paris Saint-Germain following his world-record €222million switch from Barcelona.But Calderon believes the 26-year-old’s behaviour on the pitch, especially at the World Cup where he was widely criticised, proves he is not the right fit to take up Ronaldo’s mantle at Real Madrid.Speaking on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast on Tuesday, Calderon said Real Madrid had made “a historic error” by selling Ronaldo to Juventus.‘He’s irreplaceable!’ – Ramon Calderon SLAMS Real Madrid for selling Cristiano Ronaldo to JuventusAnd he added that landing Neymar as the Portugal superstar’s replacement would be another “big mistake” by the Spanish giants.“Now we are facing a big problem,” the former Real chief told talkSPORT.“When you look at the different names in other teams, I don’t think you can see anyone who would satisfy the fans. Los Blancos are on the hunt for a new talisman after allowing Portugal superstar Ronaldo to join Juventus.The 33-year-old was officially unveiled by the Italian champions on Monday following his £99million move to Turin – a pittance given he is considered one of the best footballers in history. 3 The former president does not want to see Neymar in a Los Blancos shirt “And now everybody knows Real Madrid need to get some very important players to substitute Ronaldo, so they will be taking advantage of that.“[Eden] Hazard, [Harry] Kane, [Robert] Lewandowski – it would be very difficult.“Hazard is a very good player and we know he is keen to come to Real Madrid, he’s said that many times, but we are talking about replacing Ronaldo, one of the best in history, a player who scores more than 60 goals a season.“They are talking about Neymar being a done deal, but think it would be a big mistake.“I’m not saying he is not a good player, he is a fantastic player, but his behaviour mainly in the last year he proven that he is not a player you can give a team to.“The fans have been told Neymar is coming and I think it would be very, very difficult – not only because of the money, but because if he comes I don’t see him as the leader of this team.” Ramon Calderon says Neymar is not the right fit for Real Madrid center_img Former Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon has urged the Spanish giants NOT to sign Neymar following Cristiano Ronaldo’s exit, telling talkSPORT: “I don’t see him as a leader of this team”. 3 3 Neymar did not win over any fans with his bad behaviour and theatrics at the World Cup for Brazillast_img read more