Brendan Rodgers with Raheem Sterling 1 Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers insists he has no fears about losing Raheem Sterling to Real Madrid.The 19-year-old has made a huge impact since forcing his way into the first team and is reportedly being tracked by the Spanish giants.For Rodgers, their interest in the player comes as no surprise, but the Reds boss is relaxed about the speculation, with Sterling under contract at Anfield until 2017.“It shows that he’s playing exceptionally well,” said Rodgers, speaking ahead of the Merseyside derby with Everton.“I think you could probably link Raheem with every club in the world at the moment. He’s a fantastic young talent.“I’ve nothing really to add to it. There’s obviously lots of speculation every day about players coming and going here at Liverpool.“He’s a wonderful boy who’s developing very, very well here. I think him and his representatives and the people close to him know how comfortable he is here and I’m sure at some point in the future, whatever contract we’re looking to work with will be sorted, but he’s still got three years left and there’s no rush from my perspective.”
Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ MOST READ NGCP on security risk: Chinese just technical advisers “It has a new ring to it. It’s really an exciting opportunity and I’m just really thankful for Alab for bringing me on,” said Alapag on Saturday when Alab Pilipinas made his signing official.Bagong laban, bagong #pALABan! ALAB PILIPINAS welcomes new Head Coach JIMMY “The Mighty Mouse” ALAPAG! 🔥🔥🔥 Official signing in a bit! pic.twitter.com/zwGWzxn8DZ— Alab Pilipinas (@AlabPilipinas) August 12, 2017This will be a brand new challenge for Alapag, who previously worked as an assistant coach for Gilas Pilipinas and Meralco Bolts.ADVERTISEMENT NATO’s aging eye in the sky to get a last overhaul Celebrity chef Gary Rhodes dies at 59 with wife by his side San Beda loss woke up Letran, says Quinto The 39-year-old legend has taken over the lead mentor job while Mac Cuan slides into the role of assistant for Alab’s second season. LATEST STORIES DILG, PNP back suspension of classes during SEA Games View comments Robredo should’ve resigned as drug czar after lack of trust issue – Panelo .@AlabPilipinas announces the signing ✍️ of @JAlapag3 as Head Coach for the upcoming ABL season.pic.twitter.com/yjMZc1S1nH— ABL (@aseanbasketball) August 12, 2017FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSWin or don’t eat: the Philippines’ poverty-driven, world-beating pool starsWinner in every level he’s been in, Jimmy Alapag will take that champion mentality as the head coach of Alab Pilipinas this upcoming 2018 ASEAN Basketball League season.ADVERTISEMENT But the 2011 PBA Most Valuable Player is no stranger to being the captain, leading TNT to six championships while also being a key figure in the national team.“We signed Jimmy because we know he can help transform the team. He has been helping lots of young players about good work ethic. That’s what he’ll bring to the team. We’re very happy that he’ll finally be a head coach,” said team owner Charlie Dy.Alapag shared that he’s excited to embark on this new chapter and he hopes to pass forward the lessons he’s learned from his past mentors.“I’ve been very, very fortunate in my career to play for different coaches – coach Chot (Reyes), coach Norman (Black), coach Derrick (Pumaren), even coach Tim (Cone) when he was helping Gilas. We’re talking about some Hall of Fame-level coaches. I’d like to get bits and pieces from those guys. I wanna encourage our guys to come in and get ready to work,” he said.Alapag said the team won’t settle for anything less this coming season after Alab finished third in the ABL last year.“I think going into second season, the goal is to compete for the championship. Last year, they were really close to being in the Finals. Hopefully this season, we’ll get there and bring the first championship for Alab,” he said.Alapag will have Cuan and Paolo Rivero in his coaching staff.As for the players, Dy said that the management is working doubly hard to bring back 2017 ABL Local MVP Bobby Ray Parks and national team guard Kiefer Ravena.“We’re trying to keep Ray and Kiefer, definitely. People will just have to wait for the next two weeks,” the team executive said. Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Robredo should’ve resigned as drug czar after lack of trust issue – Panelo Trump signs bills in support of Hong Kong protesters
The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
The BCCI’s technical committee, headed by former India captain Sourav Ganguly, decided to have all Ranji matches from the coming season at neutral venues while inter-zonal system of the Duleep Trophy will be replaced by four all-India level teams picked by the selection panel.The meeting was also attended by BCCI president Anurag Thakur and secretary Ajay Shirke.DAY-NIGHT TOURNAMENT”The committee discussed the format for Duleep Trophy for the season 2016-17. It was recommended that selectors would pick four teams to participate in a round-robin format tournament. The entire tournament will be a day/night affair,” a BCCI release stated.BIG NAMES IN DULEEP TROPHY THIS SEASONWith India playing as many as 13 Test matches at home against New Zealand, England and Australia, it was proposed by Thakur that all Test hopefuls and the fringe players should get a chance to get used to the pink ball.”The president feels that like Challenger Trophy, this season’s Duleep should have all the big players as well as Test hopefuls getting a chance to play with pink balls under lights. That’s why it has been decided there will be no zonal system this time round,” a member of the technical committee told PTI today.’GANGULY’S PROPOSAL NOT VIABLE’It was also learnt that Ganguly had suggested about having a quality foreign team for the Duleep Trophy, but it was decided otherwise.”Ganguly’s proposal was duly considered. But then we felt that supposedly we call a first-class side from Australia and if they lose the first match in knock-out system, the purpose of inviting them would get lost,” the source added.advertisementIt was learnt that all matches will be played with kookaburra balls but some other sports goods firms are also in discussions to manufacture pink balls for D/N games.NO HOME ADVANTAGE FOR RANJI TEAMSThe other major decision was having Ranji Trophy games at neutral venues.”In a bid to make domestic cricket more competitive and rule out the issues related to preparing specific wickets for home teams, as well as to expose players to play in different conditions, the BCCI Technical Committee recommended neutral venues for the Ranji Trophy matches This is a step recommended to make domestic Ranji Trophy cricket more competitive,” the release stated.
Over 1,500 players and spectators will converge on Port Macquarie for the four day event which showcases the top under 18’s talent in Australia. The championships have returned to the traditional Under 18’s format after the inclusion of the Under 20’s division in 2008, with 36 teams competing at the tournament.The event is Port Macquarie’s second national Touch Football tournament this year, after the National Touch League was hosted at the stadium in March.QSST’s Boys and Girls teams will both be looking to again take a clean sweep of the Under 18’s titles after their dominance at the 2008 championships, but will face tough competition from NSWCHS, NSWCCC, SQBD Sharks and Brisbane City Cobras in both divisions. Local hopes will be high after the Northern Eagles fifth placing in the Under 18’s Girls last year, and the experience of their coach – Australian Women’s 20’s player, Stephanie Halpin, will be of great benefit to the team. The Under 18’s Boys team will be looking to improve on their result of 14th at the 2008 championships with the help of the talent Port Macquarie brothers, Nick and Matt Bale. The round games will be played from Wednesday to Friday, before the semi finals and finals are played on Saturday. To keep updated on scores and news throughout the tournament, please visit the National Youth Championships website: http://www.nyc.mytouchfooty.com
TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Everton threaten Spurs plans for Boca Juniors midfielder Wilmar Barriosby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveEverton are being linked with Boca Juniors midfielder Wilmar Barrios.Barrios has been linked with several of Europe’s top clubs, including Real Madrid, Tottenham and AC Milan.And Everton have now joined the race to land the Colombia central midfielder.He has a €20m (£18m) in his Boca Juniors contract, which could be triggered in January by the Toffees.Marca says the 25-year-old is up for moving to Europe from Argentina and a switch to Goodison Park would allow him to settle in alongside pal Yerry Mina, who joined from Barcelona in the summer.
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Derby fire five past Man Utd U18by Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester United U18s were thrashed 5-1 by Derby County yesterday.Hit by a three-goal, seven-minute Rams salvo in the first half, it was a blow which the Reds couldn’t recover from, despite Mark Helm’s strike providing a glimmer of hope before the interval. Two further Derby goals after the break put the game well out of United’s reach.The trio of Bjorn Hardley, Calen Gallagher-Allison and Hannibal Mejbri – all 16-year-olds – were called up to make their full Under-18 debuts in place of Connor Stanley, the suspended Reece Devine and Will Fish, who had made an impressive bow for the Under-23s against Fulham the previous evening at Leigh.
Update: Webb has deleted the post from her Instagram page. Perhaps she jumped the gun on the news.Earlier: Katherine Webb will be returning to your television screens, college football fans – even if just for a brief moment. Friday, Webb, on Instagram, announced that on behalf of Pizza Hut, she’ll be making a “special appearance” at College GameDay tomorrow. She’ll apparently be holding a sign – and fans can win free pizza if they enter the code on it.Webb, now a model, was the talk of the 2013 BCS National Championship Game after announcers Brent Musburger and Kirk Herbstreit commented on her looks during the broadcast. She was then the girlfriend of Crimson Tide QB AJ McCarron – they’re now married.Will it actually be Webb in the flesh tomorrow? We’ll find out.
The fifth annual GRAMMY In The Schools Live! concert will take place Jan. 22 at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles.The concert will feature a special guest performance by 56th GRAMMY nominees Vampire Weekend with members of GRAMMY Camp — Jazz Session.GRAMMY In The Schools Live! — A Celebration Of Music & Education is sponsored by Ford Motor Company Fund. Platinum tickets start at $100 per person and include a special meet-and-greet with Vampire Weekend and tickets to the concert. Gold tickets are $40 per person and Silver tickets are $20 per person.High school singers and instrumentalists are eligible to audition for GRAMMY Camp — Jazz Session. Selectees receive an all-expenses-paid trip to the annual GRAMMY Awards, participate in high-profile GRAMMY Week performances and recording sessions, and attend the GRAMMY telecast.GRAMMY Camp, GRAMMY Camp — Jazz Session and GRAMMY Signature Schools are programs designed for U.S. high school students and high school music programs, and are part of the GRAMMY Foundation’s GRAMMY in the Schools offerings.GRAMMY Camp offers selected high school students an interactive residential summer music experience. Focusing on all aspects of commercial music, this unique opportunity provides instruction by industry professionals in an immersive creative environment with cutting-edge technology in professional facilities.The GRAMMY Signature Schools program recognizes top public high schools across the country for outstanding commitment to their music education programs.The 2014 GRAMMY Camp application deadline is March 31. Financial assistance is available to qualified applicants. The deadline for the 2014 GRAMMY Camp — Jazz Session and GRAMMY Signature Schools programs is Oct. 22. Applications for both programs are available at www.grammyintheschools.com.GRAMMY In The Schools Live! is part of the GRAMMY Week series of events, culminating with Music’s Biggest Night. The 56th Annual GRAMMY Awards will take place on Sunday, Jan. 26, at Staples Center in Los Angeles and will be broadcast live in high-definition TV and 5.1 surround sound on CBS from 8–11:30 p.m. (ET/PT).
Shameless star Emma Kenney is turning up the heat this summer in a new video rant for PETA in which the 18-year-old actor reminds everyone that leaving a dog in a hot car is “basically like putting your pup in a toaster oven.”“A person would have to be entirely thoughtless, completely heartless, and utterly shameless,” says Kenney. “[W]hile you were safely inside ordering your obnoxiously long iced-coffee order, death could be knocking on your car’s scalding-hot door.”Temperatures can quickly soar in parked cars, and a dog trapped inside can die from heatstroke within minutes — even if the car is in the shade with the windows slightly open. “So, come on, people, please! Please leave your dogs out of hot cars!” Kenney concludes. “Or I might just lose my f***ing cool.”PETA urges anyone who sees a dog left alone inside a hot car to call local humane authorities or the police and stay on the scene until the situation has been resolved. If the authorities are unresponsive and/or the dog’s life appears to be in imminent danger, find a witness (or several) who will back up your assessment and remove the suffering animal from the car. PETA offers an emergency hammer for use in such life-or-death situations.